Ihr Zugang zu nationalen und
|Profil Titel||Advanced face image analysis technologies
09 FI 30I1 3DDD
|Eintrag/Änderung||2009-04-28 / 2010-07-08|
KurzfassungA Finnish SME specialized in image and video analysis technologies offers high performance face image processing technology specifically designed for various embedded platforms such as mobile phones. Patent pending technology can be integrated in the mobile handsets to improve the imaging capabilities. It also enables development of novel, advanced multimedia applications ranging from standard desktops to specifically designed embedded solution. Partners are sought for technological cooperation.
A Finnish SME in the area of computer vision utilization has developed and optimized computer vision software solutions for various mobile platforms. The company was founded in 2006 as a spin-off from the Machine Vision Group of a Finnish university. Based on a strong background in research and development of image and video processing algorithms, the SME has specialised in the face image and video analysis technologies.
The Company offers a high performance face image processing engine especially designed for embedded imaging platforms such as mobile phones, digital cameras and surveillance cameras. Patent pending technology improves and enriches the imaging capabilities and, in addition, enables development of novel, advanced multimedia applications ranging from standard desktops to specifically designed embedded solution.
Today a vast majority of images and video clips contain people and human faces. With the company’s technology these faces can be reliably detected, tracked and identified. Also, probably the most unwanted defect in photographs, red eye effect, can be automatically corrected. These technologies are described in more detail below.
Face detection and tracking technology improves image capture and post-processing. It can be applied to content based image and video encoding, advanced capturing modes (e.g. auto focus to faces) and advanced user interface solutions (e.g. image search or user aware applications).
Product features include:
- Middleware software with easy to use API
- Accurate and fast detection –less than 100 ms with ARM9
- Real-time tracking of multiple faces with video frame rate
- Robust to varying imaging conditions and image quality
- Supports multiple image types (gray scale, RGB, YUV etc.)
- Small code size and memory usage
Face recognition technology identifies human faces appearing in an image or a video. Technology can be applied to e.g. login authentication or automatic image tagging.
Product features include:
- State-of-the-art recognition performance
- Fast processing time
- Supports face verification and identification
Red eye technology automatically corrects the red eyes in an image.
Product features include:
- Very high detection rate, over 90% and only minimal visible false corrections
- Fast detection and correction – less than 100ms.
- Fixed-point implementation optimized for embedded use
- Corrects small and large defects at all orientations
- Suitable for various types of ”red eyes” (red, yellow, pink, white)
The company has based its solutions on computationally efficient technologies. The core parts are implemented in ANSI C supporting various platforms. Technology is highly optimized for embedded devices and is easy to integrate to digital cameras, mobile phones, surveillance cameras and other imaging devices. Fast processing combined to state-of-the-art accuracy enable new imaging applications in several fields.
With easy to use API and optimized technology, very scalable solutions can be created. This offer advantages when building solutions to support different platforms, i.e. mobile and desktop. Computationally efficient implementations also offer cost savings in many cases where processing can be made with low cost hardware.
- Datenverarbeitung, Informationssysteme
- Computer Software
- (Datenverarbeitung /) Datenaustausch, Middleware
- Abbildungstechnologie, Bildverarbeitung, Mustererkennung
- Bild-, Videoverarbeitung
- Data processing, analysis and input services
- Applications software
- Machine vision software and systems
- Security and commodity brokers and services
Already on the market
- License Agreement
- Joint further development
- Testing of new applications
- Adaptation to specific needs
# Type of partner sought
# Specific area of activity of the partner
Mobile phone or other OEM/ODM handset platform providers, camera platform providers and application developers
# Task to be performed
Company is looking for partners interested in licensing or in technological cooperation in form of
- Joint further development of technology for novel applications/products
- Testing of technology in new applications
- Adapting technology to partners needs
Company is also interested in R&D projects under FP7.
Industry Größe: < 10
|Status||Dieses Profil ist abgelaufen! Falls Sie denoch Interesse haben, kontaktieren Sie uns. |
Möchten Sie mit dieser Firma
in Kontakt treten?
- Dieses Technologieprofil entspricht nicht Ihren Bedürfnissen?
Sie suchen eine maßgeschneiderte Lösung?
=> Erstellen Sie ein eigenes Suchprofil
=> In kürzester Zeit finden wir einen geeigneten Lösungsanbieter
- Sie würden gerne ein eigenes Kooperationprofil verbreiten?