Ihr Zugang zu nationalen und
|Profil Titel||Radiation effects facility for testing electronic components in particle radiation environment
|Eintrag/Änderung||2002-08-23 / 2007-12-04|
KurzfassungA Finnish Research Institute has developed a radiation effects facility for testing electronic components in particle radiation environment. Facility belongs to Accelerator Laboratory. One of its beam lines is dedicated to irradiation studies of semiconductor components. Partners from different fields of industry are being sought for the development of further applications and to exploit the existing know-how.
The Finnish Institute has great expertise in accelerator-based physics and nuclear spectroscopy areas. Over 20 years of research has been performed with a former cyclotron as well as with the new K130-cyclotron. The new K130-cyclotron is a versatile, sector-focused accelerator of beams from hydrogen to xenon equipped with two electron cyclotron resonance ion sources (6.4 MHz and 14 MHz) designed for high-charge-state heavy ions, and a multicusp ion source for intense proton beams. In conjunction with the electron cyclotron resonance, the cyclotron can run "ion cocktails" which are mixtures of ions with near-identical charge-to-mass ratios. This property allows a fast swap of ions, which is especially useful in the studies of single event effects in semiconductor devices, like e.g. memories. The maximum ion energy can be determined using the formula 130·q2/m, where q is the ion charge state and m is the mass in amu. The ion selection provides linear energy transfer values in silicon up to 62 MeV/(mg/cm2) in normal incidense, but can easily be increased by tilting. Also the this technique allows one to use metallic ions in cocktails. Special attention is paid to the feature of the 14 GHz ion source to offer high penetration beam cocktails. This is of growing interest especially to the space community because modern advanced semiconductor devices are assembled in a way where the complete studies of single event effects assessment requires backward irradiation with high-energy ions. As an example, the penetration depths of nitrogen and krypton ions can reach up to 200 and 100 microns in silicon, respectively.
· Particle accelerator is used to simulate heavy-ion radiation environment
· Accelerator physics is transferred to the use of space research and to one of its applications
· Electron cyclotron resonance ion sources are very practical to produce ion cocktails
· Ground tests are cheap
· Radiation flux, fluence and homogeneity can easily be controlled in laboratory conditions (c.f. beam on/off)
· Ion cocktails are a fast way to cover a wide range of linear energy transfer values in a single test
· Tilting of components increases the linear energy transfer choice
· The construction of a test set-up is an easy task (laboratory electronic and mechanical workshops are in the customers use)
· It is easy to change the test conditions or plans during the test
· Easy to get beam time, no formal proposal procedure needed
· The station fulfils ESA's (European Space Agency) requirements for heavy ion tests
- Elektronik, Mikroelektronik
- Elektronische Schaltkreise, Komponenten und Bauteile
- Sensor/Multisensortechnik, Instrumentierung
- Analysen/Untersuchungseinrichtungen und -methoden
- Electronics Related Equipment
- Semiconductor fabrication equipment and wafer products
Already on the market
| ||This radiation effects facility for testing electronic components in particle radiation environment is dedicated to irradiation studies of semiconductor components.
- Testing of new applications
# Type of partner sought
- Special area of activity of the partner
Semiconductor and electronic components
# Task to performed
Development of a tester device and to exploit the existing know-how.
|Status||Dieses Profil ist abgelaufen! Falls Sie denoch Interesse haben, kontaktieren Sie uns. |
Möchten Sie mit dieser Firma
in Kontakt treten?
- Dieses Technologieprofil entspricht nicht Ihren Bedürfnissen?
Sie suchen eine maßgeschneiderte Lösung?
=> Erstellen Sie ein eigenes Suchprofil
=> In kürzester Zeit finden wir einen geeigneten Lösungsanbieter
- Sie würden gerne ein eigenes Kooperationprofil verbreiten?